Sunday, July 5, 2015

I Got In!


Yes, I got into nursing school! The thing that has been looming over my head, calling my name, but constantly standing just out of reach is finally in my grasp. It has been an increasingly difficult time to get to this point, but I can now say that I have jumped the biggest hurdle of my educational journey so far. I am beyond excited to begin truly learning how to effectively care for those in our society that need it most. When I think about nursing, or nurses in general, a smile can't help but creep onto my face. The joy that I can bring, the healing I can facilitate, and the lives I can change are all constant reminders of why I have willingly signed up for the most brutal year of my life. But whew, the paperwork is intense. I have almost completed all of it, but I still have a few things to get taken care of. I will be going through a one-year program and once I am done (and pass the NCLEX, of course), I will be a Licensed Practical Nurse. I plan to go directly into a mobility program that will help me obtain my Registered Nurse degree. If you are out there and have just been accepted into a nursing program, are currently in one, or have already graduated, don't be afraid to comment or email me! We all need encouragement because this is one of the most difficult degrees to pursue, and once you get into the field it doesn't get any easier! So let's stand together, future and current nurses, to honor the wonderful profession that is healthcare!

No comments:

Post a Comment