|1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5|
Sunday, July 12, 2015
My 24th birthday is less than a week away, and I'm excited. For one, I am the youngest of my friends, so my birthday is always the last to roll around each year, so until mid-year, I am "the baby." :| Also, my birthday falls on a Saturday. To me, that is better than hitting the jackpot in a casino (mostly because it's about 75% more likely!). Even though I get pumped for my birthday each year, I hate the dreaded question from friends and family- "Well, what do you want?" I can never seem to answer it, and I usually just end up saying "Oh, I don't know." Well, this year I'm attempting to combat that, as well as to introduce a feature that you will see on my blog regularly. The Lust List is a collection of things that I have seen around the web that make me think I'll be incomplete without (which is not at all true, but you know how it is). So, without further ado, my Birthday Lust List.
I have conveniently put links to all products just in case you would like to buy these items for yourself, or, you know, me? I kid, I kid. I hope you all enjoy your week and hope to hear from you all soon. Is there anything you're lusting after lately? Tell me in the comments below, I'd love to talk! :)
Sunday, July 5, 2015
Yes, I got into nursing school! The thing that has been looming over my head, calling my name, but constantly standing just out of reach is finally in my grasp. It has been an increasingly difficult time to get to this point, but I can now say that I have jumped the biggest hurdle of my educational journey so far. I am beyond excited to begin truly learning how to effectively care for those in our society that need it most. When I think about nursing, or nurses in general, a smile can't help but creep onto my face. The joy that I can bring, the healing I can facilitate, and the lives I can change are all constant reminders of why I have willingly signed up for the most brutal year of my life. But whew, the paperwork is intense. I have almost completed all of it, but I still have a few things to get taken care of. I will be going through a one-year program and once I am done (and pass the NCLEX, of course), I will be a Licensed Practical Nurse. I plan to go directly into a mobility program that will help me obtain my Registered Nurse degree. If you are out there and have just been accepted into a nursing program, are currently in one, or have already graduated, don't be afraid to comment or email me! We all need encouragement because this is one of the most difficult degrees to pursue, and once you get into the field it doesn't get any easier! So let's stand together, future and current nurses, to honor the wonderful profession that is healthcare!
Saturday, June 28, 2014
Lately I've been developing a love for makeup. I don't usually wear makeup unless I'm going somewhere important, but I've found that wearing it boosts my self-esteem and so I'd like to start learning new tricks and tips about makeup application. Sadly, I have a limited budget. This worries me because I know that there are tons of drugstore makeup products that I could play around with for a pretty cheap price, but I have acne-prone skin and sensitive skin, so just picking up a cheap product is a gamble. It could work out well, or it could leave my skin broken out and rashy. No bueno. So naturally I went Pinteresting (this is where you basically use Pinterest as your "Google") and found some pretty good products at a bargain. I essentially did the leg work for you and created a basic makeup bag solely from drugstore brands! I have fair skin with olive undertones, but I did my best to find products that can be purchased in shades to fit all complexions, but I do apologize if there is a product listed that doesn't suit your needs. Also, you can click on the names of the products below and it will take you to the website (either Target or Walgreens) where you can see color options!
1) e.l.f. Mineral Infused Face Primer- Price: $6 / This certainly isn't a necessary item for an essentials makeup bag, but it won me over! If you have acne prone skin like I do, then this provides a sort of barrier for the makeup so that it doesn't settle into your skin as much and cause irritation. Definitely a must-have!
2) Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup- Price: $10+ / This foundation is actually a line of foundations for all types of skin. The one pictured above is their "middle of the road" product for this line, but there are also foundations for oily skin, dry skin, and long wear formulas too.
3) Jordana InColor Fabuliner Liquid Eyeliner Pen in Black- Price: ~$3 / To be honest I had no idea about Jordana before watching a Youtube video from Zoreen of Zoreen'sDesigns but she had me at "felt tip!" I have always been wary of liquid eyeliners, but the felt tip makes it really easy to apply and you wind up with a wonderful look. The tips come in two sizes, but Zoreen recommends getting the smaller tip for starters.
4) Wet 'n Wild Color Icon Eye Shadow Trio in 'Walking on Eggshells'- Price: $3 / Most people remember the days when Wet 'n Wild did not make good cosmetics. Well, I'm here to tell you that they've stepped up their game and especially so with their eye shadows. All of the ones I have tried have been wonderful, but I really love these Trios because it makes everything so simple to use. The color combinations are perfectly matched and the range of palettes they have should definitely be sufficient for all skin/eye colors.
5) Milani Baked Powder Blush in 'Luminoso (05)'- Price: $9 / As far as blushes go, I thought this was a bit pricey but you get what you pay for on this one! I had never seen a "baked" blush before so I looked up some reviews on it and was pleasently surprised. The "baked" element gives it a warmer tone, so it's like a bronzer/blush duo all wrapped in one. Since I usually stick to CoverGirl for my blushes I decided to branch out a bit and try this instead.
6) Physician's Formula Organic Wear Mascara in Black- Price: $10 / When I was looking for a new mascara a few weeks ago, I saw this at Walgreens. I was instantly drawn to it because organic anything is a rarity in the makeup aisle. Since it was cheaper than some of my previous mascara purchases, I took a chance on it. Wow, I love it. It keeps my lashes super soft and the coverage is really good. I did notice a small bit of clumping but nothing major (and I have yet to find a mascara that doesn't clump at all, regardless of what the package says!). I do hope they come out with more organic makeup products in the future, though!
7) Macbeth Collection Makeup Bag Mix-and-Match Trio- $20 / If this isn't a makeup essential, then I don't know what is! I have gone through my fair share of makeup and travel bags and these are some of the cutest and easiest to clean that I have found. I love the pattern mixing, and the inside is cute, too!
Monday, January 21, 2013
So, if you can't tell from the photo below, Brandon is tall. And I am short. I accept it for what it is. This combination is attractive to me. I love standing next to him, and I love our height difference. But with all of my delving into wedding planning head first, I have noticed a few things. One of these things is that the first kiss is a primo photo opportunity. And as much as I love my current height, I think that it would be awesome to be closer to Brandon when we have our first kiss as a married couple. Thankfully, there is a lot of imspiration out there!
I can't decide whether I would like a handmade one, or just a store bought one with some custom paint and our wedding logo on it. I really think that customizing one would be easier, but we'll just have to see!
Do any of you have this same issue? How did you deal with it? :)
Saturday, December 8, 2012
Everyone has ideas of what their "dream house" would look like, but since I'm more of a realist, I usually think of what my house will look like. I have always been drawn to simplistic, rustic elements. Add a splash of paint and some items to make it unique, and there you have it- my version of a "dream home." Here's snippets of what I see in my head for my bathroom.