1) e.l.f. Mineral Infused Face Primer- Price: $6 / This certainly isn't a necessary item for an essentials makeup bag, but it won me over! If you have acne prone skin like I do, then this provides a sort of barrier for the makeup so that it doesn't settle into your skin as much and cause irritation. Definitely a must-have!
2) Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup- Price: $10+ / This foundation is actually a line of foundations for all types of skin. The one pictured above is their "middle of the road" product for this line, but there are also foundations for oily skin, dry skin, and long wear formulas too.
3) Jordana InColor Fabuliner Liquid Eyeliner Pen in Black- Price: ~$3 / To be honest I had no idea about Jordana before watching a Youtube video from Zoreen of Zoreen'sDesigns but she had me at "felt tip!" I have always been wary of liquid eyeliners, but the felt tip makes it really easy to apply and you wind up with a wonderful look. The tips come in two sizes, but Zoreen recommends getting the smaller tip for starters.
4) Wet 'n Wild Color Icon Eye Shadow Trio in 'Walking on Eggshells'- Price: $3 / Most people remember the days when Wet 'n Wild did not make good cosmetics. Well, I'm here to tell you that they've stepped up their game and especially so with their eye shadows. All of the ones I have tried have been wonderful, but I really love these Trios because it makes everything so simple to use. The color combinations are perfectly matched and the range of palettes they have should definitely be sufficient for all skin/eye colors.
5) Milani Baked Powder Blush in 'Luminoso (05)'- Price: $9 / As far as blushes go, I thought this was a bit pricey but you get what you pay for on this one! I had never seen a "baked" blush before so I looked up some reviews on it and was pleasently surprised. The "baked" element gives it a warmer tone, so it's like a bronzer/blush duo all wrapped in one. Since I usually stick to CoverGirl for my blushes I decided to branch out a bit and try this instead.
6) Physician's Formula Organic Wear Mascara in Black- Price: $10 / When I was looking for a new mascara a few weeks ago, I saw this at Walgreens. I was instantly drawn to it because organic anything is a rarity in the makeup aisle. Since it was cheaper than some of my previous mascara purchases, I took a chance on it. Wow, I love it. It keeps my lashes super soft and the coverage is really good. I did notice a small bit of clumping but nothing major (and I have yet to find a mascara that doesn't clump at all, regardless of what the package says!). I do hope they come out with more organic makeup products in the future, though!
7) Macbeth Collection Makeup Bag Mix-and-Match Trio- $20 / If this isn't a makeup essential, then I don't know what is! I have gone through my fair share of makeup and travel bags and these are some of the cutest and easiest to clean that I have found. I love the pattern mixing, and the inside is cute, too!