Saturday, November 10, 2012

Let The Planning Begin!


I am engaged! I am over the moon about this whole experience and I am more than ready to get started with the planning and execution of one of the biggest days of my life. In a lot of ways I feel like I already have so many things planned out, and then on the other side of the coin there are tons of things I'm just not sure about. Thankfully, I have an awesome fiance that wants to be involved, and I want him to feel involved. So while there will be many changes throughout this crazy ride of a year to a year-and-a-half, these things will not change:

  • This wedding is not about me. It is about celebrating our love for each other and is an opportunity to express our commitment to each other in front of all of our friends and family. In essence, it is really about everyone but me. The people who have inspired both Brandon and myself, the friends we have made in our lifetime, and the sanctimonious affair that is a wedding. This wedding is not about me.
  • My wedding will be a unique one. I'm not trying to sound pompous or condescending, really. I love my friends and family with all of my heart, but Brandon and I deserve to be ourselves. I just don't want any conflict over feeling like I need to appease other people's personal tastes. This is our love we are celebrating, after all. While I will try extra-hard to make everyone feel comfortable, in the end I just want to have fun.
  • There will a crap ton of DIYs. What can I say? I love the thought of taking something and making it your own! I'm a pretty ecclectic gal so having a DIY wedding is straight up my alley. Fortunately I'll have a lot of talented ladies (and some men!) by my side to help me accomplish the wedding of my (and Brandon's) dreams. 
So, are you recently engaged? Recently married? Planning a wedding right now yourself? Drop a comment, I'll take all the advice and inspiration I can get! 

Blessings, 
Keeli

P.S. There's more gushy photos below. :)
P.P.S Do you guys want me to share the engagement story? Yay or nay? 




No comments:

Post a Comment